Terra Firma Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Security Threats in Auron

3 posters

Go down

Security Threats in Auron Empty Security Threats in Auron

Post  Aurland Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:40 am

Live Announcement from the Boreal Palace

Greetings to all those in Terra Firma who have tuned in tonight, specifically those who are currently involved in the recent La-Mulanian War. It has been no secret that the government of Auron does not support this war, that it wishes for its swift and peaceful end, and therefore adopted an official stance of neutrality towards the conflict.

This decision was not only one of morality, but one of constitutional duty. At the founding of our glorious kingdom, a policy was made in the case of international strife. It was inscribed in the constitution, that the Royal Kingdom of Auron…

1. Shall not attack another nation
2. Shall not allow itself to be attacked by another nation
3. and Shall not be involved in the conflicts of other nations

It is for these reasons that we chose to take the position at which we currently stand. However, some of our more disgruntled citizens do not share our beliefs. They look upon the affairs in La-Mulana and are infuriated that we are not a leading member of the cause. It is these citizens who have made public threats to the government and security of our nation.

These citizens, anybody from the common worker to highly influential persons within the Royal Aurish Armed Forces, have been making real and very dangerous threats towards the monarchy, other dedicated members of the Aurish parliament, the government system itself, and the general safety of the public, and show no signs of stopping until their demands are met.

That brings me to my unfortunate announcement. This deeply saddens me, as the political freedom in our country was once viewed as a world benchmark to be aspired by the nations of Terra Firma. In light of the recent threats, we feel it is necessary to increase the police and military presence in our streets, enact tighter political control, and strengthen the presence of the Aurish monarchy. We will also be immediately withdrawing all medic battalions currently stationed in La-Mulana, and beginning an accented isolationist policy during these troubled times of war.

I will assure the leaders of the world that these changes have been democratically approved, with only small resistance in our councils of parliament. The changes, while shocking to many, are necessary to ensure the stability of our state and the protection of our constitutional values. As I'm sure King William I would have said, "The cough syrup may taste like dirt, but you have to drink it anyways."

With that I'd like to thank all those who chose to listen. May we all get through these times a little better off.

Royal Councillor, Ian Kniel
Aurland
Aurland

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aurikan

Back to top Go down

Security Threats in Auron Empty Re: Security Threats in Auron

Post  Prykonia Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:18 pm

Your constitution is so funny Razz lol

Awe.. okay. We will miss the extra medics on the battlefield. Smile good luck
Prykonia
Prykonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunagee Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:59 pm

Thank you. May time look on you with soft eyes friend.
Dunagee
Dunagee

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurland Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:25 pm

Breaking TFN News Broadcast

Taking its time in the past, the new attitude of the Aurish government is finally being applied to the nation's legislation after multiple acts of parliament were passed. These acts ranged from constitution-altering ones that give the Royal Councillor the executive right to pick members of the Royal Council from those elected to the National Council; to plans to construct massive walls at strategic points on the borders, coupled with naval patrols around the coasts to assert control over immigration.

While the naval patrols are being enacted immediately, the actual construction process of the wall will take some time and even that cannot begin until the planning has been completed. Planning will involve the placement of the walls, necessary defences, and the operation of border security at designated points. The plan is to control immigration so as to reduce the presence of citizens who are in opposition to the government and its ideals, while encouraging immigration from those who chose to support it.

Whether or not the new plans will actually reduce the presence of citizens contributing to the armed rebellions taking place throughout the nation remains to be seen. Governments from around Terra Firma seem to have no particular opposition to the changes in Auron, their true feelings have yet to be announced in any form.

Wyatt Coleman, TFN News, Boreails
Aurland
Aurland

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aurikan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum