Terra Firma Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prykonia Becomes an Empire

2 posters

Go down

Prykonia Becomes an Empire Empty Prykonia Becomes an Empire

Post  Prykonia Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:21 pm

Nations of Terra Firma, from the Minister of International Relations:

After a large election for government change was called, the results were staggering. It appears people were discontent with the status of the Armed Republic of Prykonia. A vote was made for a change in the political system of the government, and it appears that by a landslide vote Sebastian Montoya has been declared Emperor of Prykonia and all of her territories. This came among a new corruption scandal in the nation, as yet another minister, namely the Minister of Social Welfare was caught taking bribes by the Blue Carbon Refinery, to make a speech about the benefits of cutting the nation's robust welfare program.

"An outrageous amount of corruption has seeped into Prykonia's pure society!" says a well-known and influential comedian, Bobby Ray Jr.

With that, the Emperor himself is in charge of all major government decisions, can change the Constitution at will, and is allowed to override any decisions made by other sections of the bureaucracy.

He has enacted two laws the night of his victory in his empire:

1- No living being shall be persecuted, deprived of job, status, or any part of life on Prykonian land, and the punishment for breaking this law is severe.
2- Every citizen now is allowed to carry a concealed handgun.

Needless to say, sales of the infamous .38 Caliber and the Colt 45 Revolver have skyrocketed as citizens buy guns.

That is our current government situation. All changes to bureaucracy may take a few days or even a week to be completed, but it has been smooth sailing for the most part.

Sincerely,
Don Martins, Newly appointed Minister of International Relations
Prykonia
Prykonia

Back to top Go down

Prykonia Becomes an Empire Empty Re: Prykonia Becomes an Empire

Post  Aurland Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:46 am

The room was silent as the Royal Councillor examined the intel report he had in his hand. It contaoned news that the once Armed Republic of Prykonia had undergone critical changes to become an empire.

"hmmm, this is interesting. Councillor Palmer, You and I will set up communications with the new "emperor". However his government choses to operate, I care not. But we lost two of our medics at his base in La-Mulana. Perhaps he has some information regarding their whereabouts."

"Your majesty, we should be fast. I've heard that the... emperor... has made plans to visit the La-Mulanian front. If we don't act soon, we might miss our chance."

"Very well."
Aurland
Aurland

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aurikan

Back to top Go down

Post  Prykonia Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:28 am

In the Prykonia Capital, in the wake of yet another peaceful morning, the Emperor summoned a man, one of his trusted scouts and Intel personnel to deliver a message to the Royal Republic, as their personnel was found in combat yesterday.

"I wish for you to deliver this telegram for me." said Montoya to him.

--TELEGRAM--

To Ian Kniel, Royal Councillor:

It is my pleasure to inform you that one of your missing medical team members is now resting in stable condition at Heartland General Hospital in Prykonia City. Although we are not sure of his name, we know he is Aurish because of the light weaponry found on him when he was rescued and the familiar colour you implemented on medic squads.

However, my regrets are also sent to you, as your other medical team member did not make it back to the camp. Hopefully, his death was not in vain and your nation will eventually heal from the loss of a great person.

The remains of your member will be sent to Auron by private jet. The young medic who survived will be sent in a separate craft. They shall arrive at 13:30 hours Aurish time.

Sincerely yours,
Sebastian Montoya, Emperor
Prykonia
Prykonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurland Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:10 pm

((ooc: By 13:30 hours, you mean 1:30 pm, right? xD))

To Emperor Sebastian Montoya,

I am glad to have received your telegram. this matter is hard for our nation to come to terms with. The unfortunate death of one of our finest medic personnel is a tragic event for us. One of the reasons for our withdrawal from the front, was to avoid a situation just like this.

Your transports arrived timely, at 5:50 as you had stated. I should add that the Royal Kingdom of Auron operates on the metric time system. We confirmed the deceased medic to be Private Rickie Tue. Private Charles Dominic confirmed our suspicions that he was killed as a result of the aerial bombings that took place before we were able to secure and remove our presence from the front.

I would personally like to thank you for your cooperation. I am sure the friends and families of the recently returned men would like to thank you as well. We shall honour Private Tue as a brave soldier who brought health to those one would normally call an enemy. He will not be forgotten.

Royal Councillor, Ian Kniel
Aurland
Aurland

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aurikan

Back to top Go down

Post  Prykonia Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:23 pm

(ooc: Yep. Smile My time system is 24-hour. Makes travel simpler and such Very Happy)

After having briefly spoken to the Defence Minister, Emperor Sebastian Montoya sent another telegram to Aurish territory.

To Royal Councillor Ian Kniel:

I apologize for the time mishap. It shall not happen again. Smile

I think this conflict has waned, so your well-liked comrade who died in combat will be considered a martyr in Prykonia as well (with your permission of course) due to the fact that he was out there saving soldiers' lives, and Prykonian 1st Regiment troops are on their way home as I send this out. It seems international affairs should not be this much hassle nor conflict. My empire has suffered a blow in military and economy, but will recover. What will not be recovered is the thousands of young men lost.

Send word to all nations involved in the conflict (if there is still one) that the Empire of Prykonia has withdrawn all soldiers in La-Mulanan territory and waters. I entitle this task to you, with all due respect, because your voice is much more influential in Terra Firma than mine.

Thank you and your medic corps for having saved thousands of our soldiers. They and their families will be eternally grateful to the service of your men.

Sincerely,
Sebastian Montoya, Emperor
Prykonia
Prykonia

Back to top Go down

Prykonia Becomes an Empire Empty Civil Unrest Breaks out in Prykonia

Post  Prykonia Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:30 pm

PCN BREAKING NEWS:

Prykonia, for years, has had a very calm, social society. However, this may change shortly, as several minority groups, especially those who cannot elect their preferred candidate for political positions, have recently begun to use violent measures to make themselves seen on international broadcasts.

"It is time this Empire became a normal Republic once and for all!! If we wish to elect donkeys for office, we want the right to do so!!" said a very angry Camilla Meadows, supporter of the Republican Party of Prykonia, which has recently been banned.

Hundreds of thousands have been pushing for change. The government currently has dispatched the Prykonian 3rd Special Regiment to the southern island province of Frontenac to calm the situation. Even more strange is the disappearance of leaders in this call for change. Thirteen ex-officials have not been seen in nearly a week as a strengthened police force arrested and charged several hundred people for rioting and other similar charges.

In other news, the Black Mamba Drug Cartel, which was attempting to expand to other regions of Terra Firma, has received a shattering blow. The leader, Comte Vargos, was arrested last night at his mansion, initially for tax evasion, and has been tried for twenty-two counts of first-degree murder, twelve accounts of human trading (kidnapping girls and selling them for personal profit), and nearly one hundred counts of drug possession and trading. He will be sent to Oaks Maximum Security Prison, where he will spend the next 231 years in prison, or the remainder of his life.

This has been PCN. Thank you for watching, goodnight.
Prykonia
Prykonia

Back to top Go down

Prykonia Becomes an Empire Empty PCN Evening News

Post  Prykonia Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:12 pm

"The Issue:

Politicians from a distant and obscure part of Prykonia have been calling for the government to split Prykonia into various semi-autonomous regions, each with an elected council to govern their designated area."

-Directly from Nationstates Issues

The Resolution:

Prykonia's government will now introduce a system in which hundreds of politicians will leave office. The smaller, more efficient government will include a Royal Courthouse, the National Advisory Board which is responsible for everything in the country, and the Military Board, seeing as our military is our pride and joy, and deserves its own center, which will remain at the Bulwark in the capital region.

Furthermore, several Republican officials have been found at homes around Prykonia, and have been thrown in jail or slain as a warning to all remaining political parties and members of drug cartels, revolutionary groups, and the populace in general that the PPPP (Prykonia People's Police Patrol) will be more than happy to arrest and straighten issues related to any of the above groups. The people have remained silent about this, but the few we have interviewed have little to say.

"It's good the government stepped up; we cannot allow politicians to flood our country with seven different pamphlets asking us to elect them. It's unorganized and just has corruption written all over it."
-Mafalda Jones, professor at Starkus Academy.

"I'm glad to see the changes. I always have loved Emperor Sebastian Montoya, and he is a patriot and a true believer in the eradication of three things we can't stand to see: poverty, corruption, and destruction of our country's pristine natural habitat. He balances economy with environment, generally producing good results."
-Sean Paltry, currently a businessman for the Pan-Pacific Corporation.

"YOU KIDDING?! Montoya is a maniac! There is no reason why we should live like this, with one political party! It is sacrilegious to human rights and an insult to democracy!! Long live Republican!"
-Freya Johns, Information Systems worker for Pedriana Pharmaceuticals.

Freya Johns was arrested, charged, and sentenced to 5 years of probation and 4 months of prison for representing an undesirable political party the same evening.

This is PCN. Thank you for watching, goodnight.
Prykonia
Prykonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down